News and Announcements
*Pursuant to CDC and local guidelines regarding Covid-19 next year annual Polar Bear Ride Event has been cancelled. After much deliberation, we have found that it is in the best interest for the health and safety of our riders, vendors volunteers and community to not proceed with this event.
- As NC proceeds to reopen in phases, recreational activities have been lifted with certain restrictions, therefore a decision has been made that our first GCC organized ride begin Saturday June 6th with the following restrictions and advice.
1. No large gatherings in groups.
2. No more than 10 riders in a group.
3. Very important, if yo do not feel well, stay home.
4. If at this time you do not feel comfortable riding with a group, ride alone.
We will continue to evaluate the situation and will post any updates as the situation changes.
Please continue to check Facebook & Team-page for any undated events and rides.
Thank You for your understanding and cooperation.
Please send me any questions, suggestions etc.. and I can address with our officers and get back to you with answers.*
To all Gaston County Cyclists members, please see the attached statement from the USA Cycling Association regarding COVID-19.
We all love bike riding , however the safety and our concerns for the wellbeing of our community as well as club members is our number one priority. We are going to follow the recommendation from the USA Cycling and cancel all GCC organized rides for the remaining month of March.
The coronavirus will pass and eventually things will return to normal.
Practice social distance, be smart and if you are not feeling well please stay home.